FSD3460 Residents' Experiences of the Petäjävesi Water Crisis 2020
The dataset is (B) available for research, teaching and study.
Study description in other languages
- No other files available
- Wallin, Antti (Tampere University. Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Hirvilammi, Tuuli (Tampere University. Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Rikala, Sanna (Tampere University. Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Lahikainen, Lauri (Tampere University. Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Häikiö, Liisa (Tampere University. Faculty of Social Sciences)
droughts, natural resources, water resources, water shortages, water supply
The dataset consists of writings by Petäjävesi residents regarding the 2019 water crisis, which was caused by groundwater contamination. For several weeks during the crisis, the use of tap water for domestic consumption was either completely prohibited or heavily controlled in some areas of Petäjävesi.
The participants were asked to describe how the water crisis had affected their lives and the lives of people close to them. The themes provided to guide the writing included, for example, how the participants had reduced their water consumption and whether any particular experiences had stuck in the participants' minds relating to the water crisis.
The data were collected as part of the Eco-welfare project of the Academy of Finland.
Background information included gender, age group, family status, and employment status. The data were organised into an easy to use HTML version at FSD.
The dataset is only available in Finnish.
Metadata record is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.