FSD3473 Finnish Memories of Game Music 2020
Aineisto on käytettävissä (B) tutkimukseen, opetukseen ja opiskeluun.
Aineistoon liittyvät tiedostot
- Aineistoon ei liity muita kuvailevia tiedostoja
- Tuuri, Kai (University of Jyväskylä. Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies)
- Koskela, Oskari (University of Jyväskylä. Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies)
- Tissari, Heli (University of Helsinki. Department of Languages)
- Vahlo, Jukka (University of Jyväskylä. Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies)
culture, digital games, emotional states, hobbies, music, oral history
The dataset consists of 177 texts written on memories and experiences related to games and game music. The data were collected as part of the Game Music Everyday Memories (GAMEM) project, funded by Kone Foundation.
The writing guidelines instructed the writers to discuss important and meaningful memories related to game music. The participants were asked to write about, among other topics, the reasons why a specific game music memory was meaningful to them, what kinds of emotions and thoughts were connected to the memory, how playing the game was part of the memory, and what kind of relationship they have to the game. Main themes in the texts included different games and their contents and the experiences and emotions brought about by game music.
Background information included the writer's gender, age, gaming activity and the time spent daily on games and game music. The data were organised into an easy to use HTML version at FSD.
The dataset is only available in Finnish.
Aineiston kuvailu on lisensoitu Creative Commons Nimeä 4.0 Kansainvälinen -lisenssin mukaisesti.