FSD3293 Young People in the Limelight: Photography Workshop for Underage Asylum Seekers 2015-2016
Aineisto on käytettävissä (B) tutkimukseen, opetukseen ja opiskeluun.
Aineistoon liittyvät tiedostot
- Aineistoon ei liity muita kuvailevia tiedostoja
- Pienimäki, Mari (University of Tampere. School of Communication, Media and Theatre)
- Kotilainen, Sirkku (University of Tampere. School of Communication, Media and Theatre)
- Kalfayan, Aline (University of Tampere. School of Communication, Media and Theatre)
- Grönholm, Pauliina (University of Tampere. School of Communication, Media and Theatre)
amateur photography, artistic activities, media literacy, participation, refugees, social participation, youth
The dataset consists of three field journals by researchers and six interviews of underage asylum seekers participating in a photography workshop. The data were collected as part of a research project entitled "Young People in the Limelight" funded by the Kone foundation. The researchers organised a photography workshop in Southern Finland for underage asylum seekers who had come to Finland alone. The workshops included photography exercises, and the participants photographed their everyday life in between the workshop meetings.
The participants were asked about media consumption and the use of media equipment, whether they had taken photographs before, and whether they liked the workshop exercises. They also discussed what they had learned during the workshop, whether they had been able to influence the contents of the workshop, and whether they were comfortable voicing their opinions in a group. Finally, the participants were asked whether photography had affected their views on the future.
The dataset is only available in Finnish. The data were organised into an easy to use HTML index at FSD.
Aineiston kuvailu on lisensoitu Creative Commons Nimeä 4.0 Kansainvälinen -lisenssin mukaisesti.